The sunshine state attracts tourists from all around the world, and for good reason. There is beautiful sun, sea, and sand available for everyone to enjoy. Still, it's well equipped alongside the beach for people to enjoy their day seaside after a morning of paddleboarding. They are bustling day and night, thriving with culture and things to do. So if you are considering a trip with family, your partner, or a group of friends, read on to find out the best beachside leisure Florida offers.
- Lincoln Road, Miami. Kicking it off with arguably the most famous part of Florida, Miami is renowned for its high-end lifestyle while retaining an element of fun and youthfulness. It is a fantastic place to shop, with retail ranging from trendy boutiques to multi-story luxury shopping experiences. It is this variety and range which makes Miami so unique. Stretching out for a mile, Lincoln road is filled with retail stops. The Lincoln Road pedestrian mall has over 200 cafes, art galleries, restaurants, and trendy bars. Like many up-and-coming malls, it has converted to experiential shopping, such as the running, soccer, and basketball areas of Nike. In the fall and winter, people flock to the open-air markets, filled with vintage antiques and collectibles, where you can score a real bargain.
- Water sports in St Augustine. One of the best ways to experience a new beach is by getting involved with the local water sports. St Augustine, or the ancient city, has countless water sports activities to get involved in, such as stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, boating, windsurfing, and much more. St Augustine is an ideal location to explore the water because of its rare and exciting wildlife in its own natural habitat. There are plenty of lessons and tours available, or you could hire your own paddleboard and head out to explore yourself. This area is full of manatees, who are friendly and confident, and will happily approach you on a paddleboard. Even if you aren’t lucky enough to spot a manatee, there are sea turtles, dolphins, and different species of fish to enjoy the water alongside.
- Dining in Orlando. When thinking of Orlando, I’m sure that your mind will instantly go to Disneyland or Harry Potter world and the crazy theme parks. However, you may not have heard about the variety of tempting places to eat and drink. You can find it from Ana’s Brazilian kitchen to Q’Kenan Venezuelan restaurant, to NYPD pizza, to the Mexican camel, to Aashirwad Indian food and drinks bar, to authentic coal-fired Italian pizza all in Orlando. Something that tends to be overlooked about Florida is its incredible multiculturalism, particularly with it being so close to the Caribbean Sea. One of the impacts of this is that you can expect to find delicious food from a range of cultures and heritages and will never be short on choice.
- Seminole golf course, Juno beach. Consistently ranked as one of the top 100 golf courses in the world and the first outstanding golf course to be built in the Deep South, this course is thought of by critics as one of the finest examples of golf course routing. The clubhouse experience is simply fabulous, with verandas overlooking the course and years and years of famous names covering the walls. Also available in the locker rooms are scrapbooks and information detailing the course’s history and stories. This allows everyone to feel a part of the club, even if they are only visiting. The total Seminole experience includes lunch, and the food and service are impeccable. One of the most incredible things about sitting inside one of the most exclusive clubs in Florida is the big names you might meet at the table next to you, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Explore the nightlife on Daytona beach. Who said that the fun needs to stop when the sun goes down? At Daytona beach, the fun never stops, with plenty of fun hot spots along the A1A and nothing but your sense of adventure to guide your way through. For something relaxed to absorb the sounds of the city, you can grab a pint at the wine bar or beer brewery or head out into the night at one of the many nightclubs. Ponce inlet, Seabreeze boulevard, International Speedway boulevard, and Ormond beach are all great places to head to and see what is happening. These are no ordinary nightclubs but have their own beaches, adventure sites, and diverse activities. The music ranges from hip hop, R&B, Caribbean, soul, punk, techno, and anything else you can think of.
So hopefully, this has shed some light on the countless types of beachside leisure available in Florida. No matter your personality type, how introverted or extroverted you may be, Florida has something for you alongside its white sand beaches. There is something for everyone, and you will not be left disappointed.